Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh, how you people disappoint me.

I used to think that knitters were industrious people. I marveled at how they were able to capture the quiet moments in between events in their day and transform them in knitwear goods. I was impressed by their seemingly literal interpretation of the saying “idle hands are the devil’s tools.” Oh, how I used to respect and marvel at their commitment to efficiency and productivity.


Of course after seeing Christen Meindertsma’s work I now realize what a lazy bunch of underachievers knitter really are… and I’m not just talking about the social trend knitters, knitting one day, quitting the next. Even the hardcore thug knitters 4 life folks have been diminished in my eyes. You see, I’ve had my expectations adjusted.



If you’re not working on room-sized project then you’re not really knitting. Give it rest already slackers. If you're not ready to step up to the big game put the needles away. The devil needs to get some work done.

No comments: