It’s true, if I see something that makes me laugh in a restroom, and I’m alone (that’s important), more times than not I’ll pull out my cellphone and snap a picture. Why? Because if I drag Dawn in to the men’s room to look at whatever I’ve found people well raise eyebrows that’s why (or think I’m awesome).
Last night’s photo find is below.

I was in a men’s room at a local wine bar and turned around and saw a wine decanter sitting there. Not any type of decanter, but a Rojaus Inverted Wine Decanter sitting there. The very idea that I might need to decant my urine is humorous. I giggled a little. When I started to think about it though…. That’s not a cheap decanter. It will set you back two Benjamins at Amazon. I’ve seen emails where places advertise that the wine tasting will feature wine decanted in such a device. In the future I may pass up such invitations. (How long does one allow one’s urine to decant to really let is “open up” anyway?)
Today at work I saw this sign in the men’s room.

It’s not quite as funny or absurd as the $200 decanter, and for the record, I don’t think you should spit in sink public, private, or otherwise. The reason I took this picture is because the cognitive dissonance that it communications. On one hand it’s telling me not to spit…. But then they underline Si, which of course is Spanish for yes. So yes or no? The mind boggles (or is at least mildly distracted). Perhaps not quite as powerful as when you see the word “blue” spelled out in red letters, but let’s face it, the bar for interesting things you find in restrooms at work is set pretty low.
No comments:
Post a Comment