A frequent commuting distraction for Dawn and I is coming up with more bawdry lyrics for whatever song is on the radio. While most of our masterpieces really aren’t suitable for…well for anyone really… the song du jour is ABBA’s ‘Take a Chance on Me.’
Much to our amusement if you simply replace the refrain “Take a chance on me” with the phrase “Take the pants off me” the whole song continues to work quite nicely. Check it out:
If you change your mind, I’m the first in line
Honey I’m still free
Take a chance on me
If you need me, let me know, gonna be around
If you’ve got no place to go, if you’re feeling down
If you’re all alone when the pretty birds have flown
Honey Im still free
Take a chance on me
Gonna do my very best and it ain’t no lie
If you put me to the test, if you let me try
Take a chance on me
(that’s all I ask of you honey)
Take a chance on me
….
It more or less works for every verse. I challenge you not to sing this version in the car next time the song comes on. (What do you mean your listen to ABBA in the car?)
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment