Friday, June 6, 2008

Late night anger

Driving home last night. The time is about 9:15. I'm exhausted and sweaty - just finished working out. The brain has flipped on autopilot and I'm basically a drone in the car. In the distance a water buffalo realizes it rather be a beautiful butterfly and emits a mournful mew. Suddenly I hear a “thump thump thump.” Autopilot is disengaged and problem solving mode is initiated. What is that? Do I have a flat tire? An experimental swerve of the wheel and the sound goes away. Perhaps I was too close to the shoulder... Autopilot mode engaged. In the distance the water buffalo realizes that butterflies get to spend all day sitting on flowers and drinking nectar instead of wallowing in mud and crap…it emits and even more soulful mew of mourning. Suddenly the “thump thump thump” returns… Autopilot mode disengaged and problem solving mode initiated. Was I by the shoulder again? Do I have a flat? Why is there a water buffalo in the car? Dammit! I know what's going on... I hate Echoes.

Who in their right mind plays a "song" that's all sad water bufflos and flat tire sounds?

No comments: