Thursday, June 19, 2008

Victory is Mine!

With the melodious notes of Chariots of Fire almost tangible in the air, I finished my bookcase project last night. Thus concludes an often interrupted thirteen month long project.

For the record, I would not recommend a monstrously complex shelving project to “learn woodworking” on.

Also, to give you a frame of reference, the “small” black bookcase on the right-hand side of the photo is six feet tall. My creation is a behemoth that actually looms in the room like an shoddily constructed obelisk of science fiction knowledge.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks great, but also incredibly heavy if it's that big! How fun was that to move into place?

Unknown said...

Nice work, Bill! I would have never finished.

Bill said...

The thing weighs a ton. It was installed as four separate modules and each of them was heavy as an individual piece. No telling how much the combined weight is. I now live in dread of the day we decide to replace the carpet in the room or move…

Emily said...

Pretty sweet looking.

Unknown said...

Where's the other one?