Dawn and I finished watching The Wire last night. It’s five seasons long, and for my money, it’s the best five seasons of TV drama that there is. I know Dawn and I have implored everyone we know to watch it…and at this point if you haven’t heeded our advice - then you are dumb. No seriously, wallow in shame and ignorance as you squander your TV entertainment. I have no pity for you.
I really respect a show that is willing to go out while it’s still going strong and not waiting until they’ve run their universe into the ground. The Wire does just that. They could have easily wringed a few more seasons out of it if they wanted to.
It’s probably a good thing that NetFlix doesn’t offer the show as part of their play on demand service. That could be dangerous to adults with other responsibilities. By forcing you to wait for the individual DVDs they force you to pace yourself. Of course now I have the predicament that my NetFlix envelopes won’t be greeted with unbridled enthusiasm. I’ve kind of grown used to the fact that each mail drop DVD was going to be pure entertainment gold. I guess I’ll have to readjust to an endless parade of crap I’ve never heard of.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment