Monday, November 19, 2007

Project Nap-a-way

I’m still having trouble making up my mind about Project Runway. None of the contestants seem to resonate with me the way Daniel V did in season two (Daniel you were robbed). Part of the problem might be that none of the contestant were able to leave any impression what-so-ever because I was semi-conscious at best during the first show. Last week was a brutal week, and I fell asleep during the Project Runway premier. I woke up right after the show ended and we rewound the PVR so I could watch the runway judging…but once you’ve started nodding off there is not a lot of clarity left in the subsequent memories.

To make up for my sleepy indiscretion I’ve looked at the outfit photos on the Bravo website… going by the finished product of the first challenge I’m leaning towards either Kevin or Carmen. I like the idea of Kevin’s dress. I really like the top half of it. I like the choice in fabrics and the fit. I’m not as fond of the skirt though. It’s a bit short. I think he was going for fun….but I wish he had gone for sophisticated. A little more length and a little less flare out would have made this outfit. The dress seems to be very finished and well constructed; no unhemmed or fraying edges.

To be honest, I don’t particularly care for Carmen’s outfit. It’s a little too modern-day genie in a bottle for me…but I like a lot of elements about the outfit. I like that she made a top, a vest, and pants. That’s three pieces. I think that shows good time management and an ability to produce a lot of work in a little time. I like that the outfit is fitted. (I hate baby-doll dresses and sacks of fabrics- you hear me Sweet P and Victorya?) I also think Carmen did the best job with hair and accessories. The model looks like she’s wearing a finished look.

If I were blind and just listening to the show (and I probably did more listening than focusing my vision on the TV) then I would probably be trying to decide between Christian and Rami. That’s because of the comments that judges gave both of them. There were singled out for “really thinking about the outfit” having “attention to detail” and “good construction.” Those are the sorts of compliments that final three contests get.

I think it will take another episode until I’m really ready to select my pony and secret pony. At least now I have a short list of people to keep an eye on.

No comments: