Thursday, July 10, 2008

Edison was a hack.

Riblet Twitter has become an unexpected competitor for my thesis. I thought it would be something that I just kind of setup and let go, but I find myself wanting to spend time improving it, time that I should be dedicating to research. Last night I ended up dividing my efforts between the two.

I made some progress on rewriting the program that drives Riblet Twitter. The new one will be written in VB.net. VB isn’t my first choice for a development language, but the availability of ActiveHome SDK examples made it the most efficient choice if I didn’t want to spend time reinventing the wheel. I’ve nearly re-written the entire initial JavaScript application in VB now. Now I just need to make improvements...

Today is Nikola Tesla’s birthday. Give it up to the man who according to some “invented the twentieth century” and is “the patron saint of modern electricity.” History is a strange thing. The man should be a household name. During his day his fame rivaled that of any inventor or scientist, but today he goes largely forgotten.

No comments: