Thursday, March 27, 2008

Her elegant ruse revealed.

I owe giant top-hat tip and monocle flourish to friend Jamey who sent me these photos last week. I’ve been either too busy or too lazy to post much lately. Take your pick.

Whilst today’s post is just another in a long line of half-hearted attempts to post something – it may at least make you smile. I know it makes me smile.

Dawn and I have long suspected our cat Riblet’s alter ego. We devote a significant amount of our evenings postulating what crimes Riblet may have committed while unattended during the day. Instinctively we know some of her crimes are inappropriate, but the exact nature of her other crimes are a mystery. Is she using our broadband connection to “hack teh internet?” Does she attempt to raise money to finance a guerrilla army who will one day storm our house and claim her freedom? Is she involved in a plot to blow up the outside so she can expand her indoor domain? These are all possibilities we somberly weigh during the wee hours of the evening. Often while staring at Riblet and accusing her of ever present thought crimes.

Jamey has found undeniable evidence of Riblet’s criminal activities. Perhaps now her sinister web will start to unravel. While traveling he crossed paths with what can only be one of Riblet’s many minions. He sent us pictures of a pickup truck with Riblet’s name written across each of the four mud flaps. This is in character with Riblet. She loves to mark her territory and possessions. I’m surprised she only bothered to label it the four times. She inherited her dad’s OCDs. Further evidence that the vehicle belongs to Riblet is the Indiana license plate. We adopted Riblet in the state of Indiana. It’s no surprise that her powerbase stems from her home state. No telling what as-of-yet unidentified assets she’s still hiding in the Hoosier State.

Note that the vehicle in question is a heavy duty pickup truck with a well worn tow-hitch. I’m not sure exactly what she is moving, or how she keeps her minions in her employment….but I’m fairly confident whatever her game, her intentions are malevolent in nature.

Perhaps now we will finally start to find some answers to the dark questions that haunt Riblet’s past.



No comments: