
So this is a pretty complex image. My question is: who does the text belong to?
The obvious answer is the cat, after all there is a devil-baby torturing it. I expect that is what the image's creator intended. However, I’m not content to let things go at that.
Some of you know my version of heaven does not include dogs and cats (heaven is a clean and orderly place.) So the devil-baby might be concluding that it’s in hell since a cat is present. Of course since the devil-baby is in fact a devil-baby that should come as no surprise. Also, I’m pretty sure there are no babies in heaven. What would be the point of being perpetually a baby? No intellectual development possible, constant crying. That sounds like the opposite of heaven.
To my mind, the text belongs to the viewer of the image. The text is an echo of the viewer’s inner-monologue. Cats, check. Baby, check. Yup, this is hell. I expect that there is probably a dog running somewhere in the blurry background.
Oh well, I think I’ve run this into the ground enough. Obviously I didn’t have a clever blog topic to post about so I pounced on a funny image and tried to construct a blog about it. But the schtik is getting old and weak. Best move on. But don’t worry loyal reader; I’m sure I can find it in myself to make fun of pets and babies again in the future. You can count on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment