Got my grades back- I got an A and A-. I’m greatly relieved that the effort I invested into the semester was repaid. I’m actually kind of surprised that I got an A- in that one class. The final was double-tough, I can only assume some scaling came into play. Course work for my Masters is out of the way and I’ve already started working on my thesis. Break from school clocked at less than 48 hours.
Our columns are finished, or I should say, our yokel contractors are done working on the columns. They managed to rebuild the not-square column square and paint it white. They had to go out and buy new house numbers to place on it (being that they last our previous ones). Right now the house numbers are silver on white, not exactly high contrast…plus one of the numbers is obviously crooked. We’ll probably take the numbers off and paint them something that will actually contrast with white and re-install them not crooked. It’s nice to have that little saga concluded.
Not sure about you but I found last week’s Battlestar Galactica to be rather disappointing. The episode was penalized repeatedly for having Starbuck on screen, allowing her to talk, and yelling at her. Thinking back I can’t even remember if they bothered to progress the plot at all? All I remember about the episode is Starbuck’s ship traveled far enough away from the Nebula of Illogic that her crew sat up and realized that what they were doing was stupid. My spirits were briefly lifted that someone might make an intelligent decision…then they shows scenes from next week's episode (which is to say this week’s episode) which seem to indicate that no one puts a stop to her stupid shenanigans….so much for that brief flicker of hope.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment