Friday, October 26, 2007

Random Friday Roundup

In a 700 MHz Auction Update
Verizon has officially withdrawn their legal challenge to the open access rules placed on the auction. Frontline’s (a company that’s interested in the D block of spectrum) attempt to get Verizon banned from the auction for violating FCC’s lobbying rules has been ignored (big surprise there). This seems to pave the way for the auction to actually take place on January 24, 2008. At that point we might start to get an idea of what the future holds for our precious shinny gadgets.

Americas Next Top Model Quibble
Does anything else think ANTM is being a bit heavy handed with its environmental consciousness angle this season? I have a hard time taking the show as being serious and/or sincere considering last season they were rolling around in a gianormus hideous stretched Hummer limo. In fact the show has been so much about excess in the previous seasons it seems downright hypocritical to be so preachy-preachy with their environmental activism this time around. It’s nearly as annoying as listening to those snots that drive around in Priuses.

LED Christmas Lights are In
We have finally received our LED Christmas Lights shipment. The box showed up yesterday. At first I was upset the box had been sitting in the rain for most of the day…then I remembered Christmas lights don’t exactly dissolve when left outside. The rock LED lights looks awesome.

Coat Tree in Route
I ordered a coat tree off Amazon earlier this week. FedEx estimates that it will be here in time for Halloween. I had mentioned in passing that I was searching for one and my boss told me to get reimbursed for it when it comes in. Awesome.

Halloween Festivities
Everyone planning on going to Boo tonight have fun and be safe. I have an equally awesome evening planned. I’ll either being doing homework or having to work on a work project at home. It all depends if I get enough of this project finished up today.

5 comments:

Stacy Taylor said...

We will miss you at Boo you old Curmudgeon. See you Nov 3rd though. I expect Pumpkin carving pictures by early next week!

Garçonova said...

I'll be disappointed if Dawn carves the scary clown pupmkin yet again.

Unknown said...

But, Bill, I thought you owned a Prius? Not that that doesn't let you complain about other Prius owners. Some of them might be vegans.

Andrea said...

Bill, you should check this out ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmwqpHsMExg

I thought of Riblet when I saw it. :)

Stacy Taylor said...

My browser must be messing up. I don't see a post for Monday 10/29!