I enjoy cooking, but apparently only if there is someone else to cook for. How messed up is that?I’ve noticed the trend before. If Dawn or a friend is around I’ll gladly launch into preparing a feast. When it’s just me, ramen noodles will suffice.
It makes me angry. I have a fairly high opinion of myself, surely I think myself worthy of the effort? Yes, of course I do.
Perhaps I’m afraid of the staggering amount of food I might prepare. I’ve never really gotten the nak of cooking for two. I routinely overshoot all my estimates and make a glut of food more fitting for four. Dawn thinks it must be my up upbringing, and I imagine that she’s right. Who knows what crazy amount of food I’d concoct for one.
I’ve decide I’m going to stop falling prey to whatever strange notion might present itself against cooking for one. From now on my stove will happily serve a party of one….unless of course cooking will steal too much time away from Super Paper Mario. After all, it’s important to remember one’s priorities…
4 comments:
Your dad was always big on cooking for others, so there's probably something to the upbringing thing.
For me, it's just a matter of effort versus reward. I'm not going to waste time making something awesome if there's no one around to appreciate it.
Exactly, I feel the same way....but doesn't it bother you that the implicit argurment is other people are worth the effort and you are not?
Agreed Bill. Also, I seem to be lucky to have a bunch of unplanned guests drop by which helps to solve the whole cooking for one or two people problem.
BTW, That egg thing is making the papers up here as a cottage must have. Glad I was already schooled in it per your previous posts!
What bothers me is not that I'm not worth the effort. (Wow, that's almost a triple negative.) It bothers me that I'm such a ham and require appreciation to make something feel justified.
Food especially is such a temporary joy, too. You end up enjoying it much more as a memory than as an actual sensory experience.
Post a Comment