Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday Morning Mix

I finally heard back about my project. I got an A+ on it. Obviously, I’m pleased with the result…but now I can’t help but wonder if I put too much effort into it. After all, an A or A- would have been just as good for my GPA. Too late to change that now…

Dawn and I watched Downfall last night. Talk about a very well done depressing film. It’s about the last few days inside of Hitler’s bunker…. and the atmosphere of the movie conjures is palpable. When the movie was over it felt as if there might be a dementor in the house….but that turned out to be Riblet. We had to watch a Venture Brothers cartoon just so didn’t go to bed on a profound down note.

I also got a chance to play Mario Strikers Charged. The game has a bit of a learning curve to it. It took a good hour to figure out what was going on….and how to influence the madness. I enjoyed the game once I got the hang of it. It reminded me of when I used to play PlayStation hockey with friends. It has the whole pass-pass-shoot teamwork thing going for it. I’ve read that it’s not as much fun to play solo, and I think I can see that too. I never had as much fun playing hockey against the computer by myself. It always helps to have someone else in the game who will attest that the computer is cheating.

3 comments:

Stacy Taylor said...

geee.. I was going to play Mario Striker this weekend too, but the people I was going toplay with totally blew the party i was at and took the game with them. whata weird coincidence.

Bill said...

If you didn't play it in the first six hours of the party you probably weren't that interested....

Griner said...

Hey, whatever helps you and your game-yoinking friends sleep at night.


I will say I approve of the exchange rate. Take a game, leave a Wii.