Are you familiar with lolcats? I assume most of you nodded your heads. If you’re not familiar with lolcats let me take a moment to acquaint you with them. It will help give context to the rest of this post.A lolcat is a picture of a cat, usually being cute, on which someone has placed text. The text can be anything, but text that somehow relates to what is going on in the photo is preferable. Extra points are awarded for poor grammar and horrendous spelling. I can has cheeseburger will serve most of your lolcat needs.
Dawn and I are burdened with a cat, Riblet. I’ve included a picture of Riblet for reference.
While shopping last weekend Dawn found some post-it notes that had a picture of a cat on them that had a striking resemblance to Riblet. The post-it notes also had a thought bubble over the cat’s head so you could insert what the cat was thinking. Obviously Dawn bought several packs of these so we could help annotate our house with Riblet’s thoughts. Our very own lolcat.
Riblet and Her LanguageNow, some of you might not be familiar with Riblet. The first thing you should know is Riblet has deplorable language. She swears non-stop. Her filthy language is one of the primary reasons she is an inside only cat. When she does go outside she must be placed on a harness with a responsible adult in order to protect our neighbors from her caustic language. While outside she spends an inordinate amount of time swearing at birds.
Riblet and Her Mother
The second thing you should know about Riblet is she has an antagonistic relationship with her mother. She spends a lot of time swearing about her mother (it’s something the two of them have in common). However, at the end of each day both Dawn and Riblet eventually get sleepy and curl up on the bed and nap together.
Riblet and Her LogicRecently, Riblet spent a lot of time helping me work on my logic project. I had research papers strewed about my office and she was napping and bathing around and on them. I guess in the process of bathing she took a break to read a few of them. We were startled to find this recent thought expressed in first order logic. Roughly translated it states: “for all stinky fish, there exist some stinky fish, such that stinky fish in my bowl.” I think she botched a bit of it, we both need to work on our use of quantifiers…but not bad for her first attempt at logic.
2 comments:
I assume Riblet's bad language is also the reason why she can't spend time with children :) Or maybe that is just because Dawn is always joking about trying baby meat?
That cat on the notes is eerily similar to Riblet!
Andrea
If there was a baby in our house I think the language would get pretty blue pretty fast. If not from Riblet then I'm sure Dawn or I would supply the necessary string of profanity.
You can read all about it in Riblet’s new book: “Cursing Away Undesirables: a practical guide to constructive swearing.”
Post a Comment