I found out that I’m receiving a new minion next week. Evidently the word on the street is my office is the place to park young smart people with no experience. I suppose it’s a good thing that I keep acquiring young smart people. I suppose it’s even a good thing that people think I’m good at helping them develop. Perhaps I can build my own cabal.
Tonight is Project Runway night. Actually, it’s Lost and Project Runway night. It’s easily the most compelling evening of TV going (at the moment). I’m still somewhat indifferent about Lost. Last week’s show was interesting, but I’m tired of being strung along. I’ll probably continue to do homework during Lost so I can give Project Runway my undivided attention. I don’t think Lost can be truly compelling television until it reaches its final season. You know, the season where they actually have to resolve things instead of invent plot lengthening devices. I’m thrilled that when Battlestar Galactica comes back they will be on their final season. Then again, I’m a proponent of the three season rule. I believe no show should run longer than three seasons. Imagine how good shows would be if they had a cohesive plan from the beginning and every show contributed towards the final resolution instead of the normal strong first season then gradual thinning of the plot as they strive to stretch into a indeterminate multi-season juggernaut of mediocrity.
Oh my, what am I doing up here? Perhaps I should get down off this soapbox.
Anyway, I predict that this Sweet P’s last episode. I have no idea what the challenge is, or how she does, but I expect the final three contestants will be Rami, Christian, and Chris. That means they have to ditch Jillian and Sweet P, and I think Sweet P’s work has been less consistent. (I’m not 100% sure Chris will make it to the final three, I could see Jillian taking his spot if the challenge isn’t about making something sort of tacky and Jillian opts not to make another jacket of some sort.) So that’s my predication.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment