Thursday, February 14, 2008

Project Runway Prediction Analysis

Well, it looks like I was wrong about a couple of things yesterday. First off Lost wasn’t on last night. Instead it’s on tonight. If they weasel in some sort of Valentine ’s Day plot into the show involving Kate the show is dead to me. I don’t suspect that’s the reason for the switcheroo this week…but if it is… dead to me.

Now let’s talk about my Project Runway prognostications. I totally nailed the prediction that Sweet P was going home. I had called that right after the show last week. You could tell they were ready to send her home. So, I’m going to award myself 15 arbitrary prognostication points for getting that one right.

[Arbitrary Prognostication Point Total = 15]

I was dead wrong about Jillian. To my surprise it turns out that she is one of the stronger designers. In fact, they love her. To rub salt into my all-knowing seer eye she managed to get a guaranteed place in fashion week whist constructing yet another jacket. And she was even complimented for it! (I had pegged her as out if she made another jacket.) So I think I need to subtract 13 arbitrary prognostication points for botching that prediction.

[Arbitrary Prognostication Point Total = 2]

I predicted the final three would be Christian, Rami, and Chris. I was correct about Christian. It’s been pretty obvious that he’s one of the stronger designers this season (even if he did have a bit of a rough start in my opinion). I might be a bit late to the game, but I am willing to say that I’m officially pulling for him to win. So let’s add two arbitrary prognostication points for predicting he’d be in the final three.

[Arbitrary Prognostication Point Total = 4]

Doing the same-old same-old didn’t work out as well for Rami and Chris as it did for Jillian. I had predicted that Rami and Chris would be in the final three…and I was sort of right. Neither of them was eliminated…but both of them won’t be in the final three. Obviously one of them will make it. I’m only going to award one arbitrary prognostication point for this since it wasn’t a clean prediction. I think in the end Rami will be selected. I envision him building more a clean cohesive collection than Chris. I expect Chris’ collection to be a parade of floats….how could it not be? That’s what he does…well. I think the judges will ultimately decide to go with clean and sophisticated instead of something audacious and over-the-top.

Final Arbitrary Prognostication Point Total = 5. Hrmph. That’s ok, just ok. Obviously it’s a good thing that it’s a positive integer. However, I believe the Institute of Conveniently Constructed Studies has shown that anything less than 10 arbitrary prognostication points is a statistically insignificant. The future doesn’t bode well for my gig as a prognosticator for hire.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

FYI, Lost is on Thursdays this season, so I wouldn't worry about a Valentine's Day special episode. People on the island will continue to be improbably well-groomed, however.

Bill said...

Good good. I wonder if they will continue to demonstrate poor communication skills that will turn relatively simple problems into catastrophes......

Greg said...

15 points for predicting Sweet Pea's exit seems a bit high to me. If Christian gets over himself, he'll be the clear winner.

Andrea said...

I'm rooting for Jillilan ... I love a good jacket. I think you should have more points for predicting Christian. I thought the others would have killed him by now out of sheer annoyance.

Andrea