I know this is spreading across the internet like wildfire right now, so you may have already seen it….but if you haven’t seen Garfield Minus Garfield then by all means please do so. Before Jim Davis notices it and makes him take it down.When I first saw it I laughed until I cried… at work. Subsequent viewings at work have all produced audible evidence of my slacking. My coworkers are wise to me and glance at me knowingly when I start to giggle for no apparent reason.
Something about it is deeply disturbing and nudges my tickle box in just the right place.
Perhaps I can entice you to view them. Here’s the concept. They take Garfield cartoons and Photoshop Garfield out of the comics. What’s left is Jon talking to himself. Without Garfield as a foil Jon comes off as a deeply disturbed individual. The comic is much darker than anything that could have been produced intentionally.
Perhaps the verbage from the top of the site can convince you if I cannot:
Who would have guessed that when you remove Garfield from the Garfield comic strips, the result is an even better comic about schizophrenia, bipolor disorder, and the empty desperation of modern life?
Friends, meet Jon Arbuckle. Let’s laugh and learn with him on a journey deep into the tortured mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against lonliness and methamphetamine addiction in a quiet American suburb.
Also, I’ll be interested to find out if others find this site as intoxicating as I do….or it this a sign of my further mental degradation.
That is all.
That is all.

1 comment:
I love it. I always knew something was creepy about John. Now I know why. I laughed pretty hard. So, either you aren't as warped as you think, or I'm right there with you.
Post a Comment