The marching. That damnable marching. Always in the back of my head the marching…and it’s been getting louder lately. I don’t think the others can hear it. Not yet.
And the music… it has been getting louder too. It calls them to arms, commands them to swarm. Make no mistake, that music is the sound of war. Belle and Sebastian mostly, but occasionally fragments of other tunes can be heard. I think it goads the spots on. Like stepping on an anthill the music makes them march all the more furiously.
I can feel the spots marching around on the inside of my skull. Like an itch that cannot be scratched. That should not be scratched, at least not conventionally. No not with the metal hooks. We need a different method to scratch them, something without metal hooks. Perhaps a game would help.
Yes a game. That’s what quelled the spots last time. Last time Samurai Warriors 2 put the spots in their place. Before that Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires help staunch the spots…but it was an ill-formed prescription. The punishment cubes - were they worse than the cure? I guess one must take the bitter with the sweet, but are the side-effects worth it? The side-effects should be avoided if at all possible.
What are the current options available? Perhaps a new tonic has been brewed; something cleverly designed to target and smite the marching spots. Yes, Dynasty Warriors 6. Is this the medicine I’m looking for? Will it dose closer to Samurai Warriors 2 or be more similar to its name-sake Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires? I don’t think my body could withstand the punishment cubes… not again. Still the damnable marching is getting louder. Why won’t the spots let me think!?!
There is no alternative, I must purchase it. I must try to wipe out the spots before they consume me. I just hope I start each mission with a horse. That is key. Without a horse there can be no joy, no relief. Don’t make me purchase a one-use only horse. I’m a general, why am I using a rent-a-horse to go into battle? This is clearly the work of the punishment cubes.
Ah. A horse is provided at the start of the first mission. Freely given. Perhaps now I will find peace - for a time.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Spots, spots, spots.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment