Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Extroverts Go Home.

I got a crazy busy morning today….so this morning’s thought has got to be a quickie. I heard about this on the way in to work this morning. Perhaps it made me angry because I was physically in the act of commuting to work.

Morning Edition did a piece about people who get to telecommute but get all bored and lonely working from home….the solution is to go out and find other people to work with. They don’t go and find people from their company to work with (which is good)….they just find random people to spend the day with (which I think is probably worse). They call it Jelly. I call it stupid.

As a certified introvert I don’t know where to start with this. It’s wrong on so many levels. I’ve been to telecommuting paradise and it is a rich land abundant in milk and honey. It drives me crazy to see these weak, sniveling, extroverts desecrate nirvana. Bah.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you and would love to telecommute. I think I'd manage to keep myself entertained without resorting to Howard Hughes-style recluse craziness.

Garçonova said...

Having lived in the land of milk and honey myself for the majority of the last year, I am a big fan of telecommuting. I did a search for Jelly (www.workatjelly.com) and found that they actually invite people into their home to work. The idea of inviting complete strangers to spend a day with me at my house makes me cringe.