I’ve developed a new talent, evolved a new life skill if-you-will. It’s not big secret that I’m a card carrying introvert and sometime amateur misanthrope. I’ve developed a technique to converse with all my friends while taking the human element out of the conversations….what’s more is it’s even better than email or this blog!
I simply have the conversation with you in my head and then record that as an actual real conversation. I get the benefit of talking with you with having to actually deal with you. It’s a beautiful thing.
I first noticed my new skill last weekend when a friend absolutely denied having a conversation with me even though I was sure we had one. Turns out I just did all the heavy lifting on the conversating side in my head and let them be. That means less effort for you! I’ve done it with Dawn a couple of times this week as well.
I’m not sure if this is the first step on the road to insanity or if I’m about to enter a new era of social bliss. Are the two mutually exclusive?
Friday, September 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You could make a business out of sharing your new found ability with married couples to make them believe they had long, deep, and meaningful conversations with their spouses.
Weren't we talking about this earlier...
Yes, but wouldn't the problem with this idea be that the one actually wanting to have the conversation would still be left out of everything?
Hmmm... I think I just might have to try out this skill. I will let you know how it goes ... at least in my head I will. I still think your skill at introducing annoying songs that one can't get out of one's head and then taunting the with it for days is also very useful. And your uncanny memory for people's "worst fears" (midgets, clowns, etc) is also quite a talent.
Speaking of which...I saw a giant bird the other day and thought of you.
Post a Comment