Technically true, but provides no useful information.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
This one's for my homeys
Let’s take a moment to contemplate all those people who supposedly have blogs but haven’t updated them in two weeks to a month… My Google reader is lonely and you’re not helping.
My vote would be that you suck less - you never started a blog in the first place with delusions of grandeur thinking you'd have time to keep it constantly updated, etc, and then later trying to scrape by posting YouTube videos or offering excuses about how other things are taking all your time.
I agree that you suck less. You’ve not offered a promise of distraction. You’ve never kindled hope and then brutally denied diversion day after day after day.
True enough, but unless you post today, you'll soon join the ranks of those who have left us with empty promises of distraction that have earned our ire.
I am unashamedly one of the slackasses. I am so much of a slackass that I can't be bothered to look up whether or not "unashamedly" is even a word. I long to care for things of that nature.
But you're right. It seems like I can come up with some kind of entry on something or other. I mean, I was just at the DMV! There were old people who couldn't be bothered to park in an allotted space! Having gotten to the front of the line, the DMV worker sighed at me and said I didn't have one of their required forms adequately filled out and I get to come back and try again! I'm pretty sure that they just have a stack of random forms under the counter that they hand to you to prevent any work to actually get done! BLOG FODDER EXTRAORDINARE!!!!
But seriously, thanks for lighting the fire under my ass. I'll get to work.
I am not allowed to have a blog because I work at a newspaper (although I am thinking about finding an alter-ego secret identity that I can blog under). Anyhow, I appreciate your willingness to point out fellow slackers who shall remain nameless and can't even be bothered to post so much as a sentence in a month! Shameful! I might be worse, though. I only visit the blogs about once a week and then reply to old posts like they were just written. Not sure which is worse...
7 comments:
I've been impressed with how much you update.
I don't have a blog, so I can't be lazy on updating it. Does this mean I suck less or more?
My vote would be that you suck less - you never started a blog in the first place with delusions of grandeur thinking you'd have time to keep it constantly updated, etc, and then later trying to scrape by posting YouTube videos or offering excuses about how other things are taking all your time.
I agree that you suck less. You’ve not offered a promise of distraction. You’ve never kindled hope and then brutally denied diversion day after day after day.
Ha ha! I do not suck because It has only been 13 days, CLEARLY not two weeks.
True enough, but unless you post today, you'll soon join the ranks of those who have left us with empty promises of distraction that have earned our ire.
I am unashamedly one of the slackasses. I am so much of a slackass that I can't be bothered to look up whether or not "unashamedly" is even a word. I long to care for things of that nature.
But you're right. It seems like I can come up with some kind of entry on something or other. I mean, I was just at the DMV! There were old people who couldn't be bothered to park in an allotted space! Having gotten to the front of the line, the DMV worker sighed at me and said I didn't have one of their required forms adequately filled out and I get to come back and try again! I'm pretty sure that they just have a stack of random forms under the counter that they hand to you to prevent any work to actually get done! BLOG FODDER EXTRAORDINARE!!!!
But seriously, thanks for lighting the fire under my ass. I'll get to work.
I am not allowed to have a blog because I work at a newspaper (although I am thinking about finding an alter-ego secret identity that I can blog under). Anyhow, I appreciate your willingness to point out fellow slackers who shall remain nameless and can't even be bothered to post so much as a sentence in a month! Shameful! I might be worse, though. I only visit the blogs about once a week and then reply to old posts like they were just written. Not sure which is worse...
Post a Comment