It’s rare that you capture the perfect weekend. I think we did a pretty good job this last weekend. A couple of friends came up Friday evening and we were able to go out for drinks and Thai food. Saturday morning we woke up and made hash browns and sausage in the evil black egg. Then it was off to Chattanooga to take in Wine Over Water. All the while the weather was perfectly sunny and in the 70’s.This was my second year to take in Wine Over Water. We were able to find a bed and breakfast within walking distance of the event. The bed breakfast was very nice and trumped staying in a hotel. From now on walking to Wine Over Water is a must-do.
The bridge didn’t seem quite as crowded this year, I wonder if that is fact or if I had added extra people in my memories. There definitely seemed to be more food booths, which was unfortunate because we had just eaten and I was stuffed. The food looked and smelled really good though; I was nearly tempted by the lamb-chops. The cynical part of me wondered if they had taken out wine booths and added more food booths because they don’t earn any additional revenue from having more wine on the bridge, but food is a pay-as-you-go deal. However, looking at the list of wineries that participated I don’t think I really have cause for concern.
The bridge was the usual game of trying to find the good wines and avoid the nasty ones. There was ample sport to be had. Tent 40 won the “Avoid At All Costs” prize for having fruit wines, one of which, was the ominously titled “Orange Squeeze.” I imagine that Sterno was an ingredient. In addition to wine tasting we were playing a lively game of tattoo-spotting. I wonder if, in the future, seeing our generation’s old and withered tattoos will put a future generation off tattooing?
In addition to Wine Over Water everything was within walking distance of our B&B. Chattanooga has really come a long way in regards to setting up a pedestrian friendly zone downtown. The Art Museum, the Aquarium, the North Shore were all within easy walking distance. Coffee, Clumpies Ice Cream, used books…Chattanooga is there any way in which you can’t satiate a Dawn?
So our weekend rocked. Food, friends, wine, and good weather. Who can ask for more?
1 comment:
I think Chattanooga could add a few butcher shops near the penthouse condos to make it more Dawn-friendly.
Post a Comment