Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dawn will probably want a computer sweater.

Is the week beating you down? Does the thought of starting each soul crush day burden your heart and mind? Yeah, me too.

Perhaps we need some levity. Oh wait, what’s this? Engadget to the rescue! Not sure why but this really cracks me up.


So this is what happens when technology and knitting go awry. I must say it does creep me out just a bit. I think it’s because it reminds me of the glove-box interfaces to clean rooms. Is she typing something dangerous that must not get into the air? Perhaps it’s the other way around and she must keep her code safe from contamination!

The creator calls these Body-Technology Interfaces. I think they are meant to explore the “complex relationship between people and their technological artifacts.”

The only application I really see for these is a Terry Gilliam movie. Can’t you just imagine rows upon rows people typing in these thought sacks in one of his movies. It would really create the claustrophobic information nightmare kind of atmosphere that he seems to dig.

No comments: