Sorry I didn’t update yesterday, it was a very busy day. Too busy.
I finished the last exam on Monday evening. Color has started to seep back into my sepia toned world, the air smells sweeter, and I’m not sure, but I think this morning all the small woodland animals gathered around me to join in song instead of picking over my carcass (a nice change!)
The final lived up to every ounce of its perceived reputation of being a torture-fest. It officially started at 6:30 pm. At 9:00 pm (when the final was officially over) not a butt had moved from a seat, we were all still furiously working. Was the class really designed to address the content of this final? Peripherally I suppose.
Around 9:15 pm a few people had resigned themselves to their fate and started to hand in the final….with no prompting from the professor. I think he was prepared to let us go as long as we wanted. He had let some of the tests earlier in the semester run over by half-an-hour or so. Around 9:20 pm I threw in the towel. I decided my urge to urinate out weighted the possible point gains for sticking around and rehashing the answers I had cobbled together. And so it goes.
I’m still waiting to find out how I did. I think I did well enough, which is to say, if I failed I think most of the class failed.
The combination getting home late on Monday and an early start on Tuesday led to a situation where the two days kept bleeding into one another. Fortunately that is remedied now. Today I’m fresh and sharp and ready to take on the world…or at least a simulated world. As an added sign that fate wants me to play video games, GTA 4 came out yesterday. My copy was waiting for me by the door when I got home yesterday evening. Unfortunately our evening plans limited me to just tasting the game for about an hour….a predicament I plan to address this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment