Monday, April 28, 2008

Mired in the Doldrums

I’ve got the last final exam for my master’s tonight (I still need to do a thesis, so the degree is still about a year away). It’s too bad I couldn’t have gone out on an easy final. Nothing about this class has been easy. I don’t think the three measly credit hours justify the amount of effort I’ve spent on this class.

I can feel the sense of dread building as the final draws near. I’m just sure this will be an excruciating final that will take every minute of the two and half hours they’ve allotted for it. That’s the way this class has been all semester. For maximum misery the exam is scheduled for 6:30-9:00. I would have preferred to get it done early in the day.

I already have a bottle of champagne chilled at home and a crystal flute ready to go. I can’t wait to shed the weight of this class from my person.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Good luck!!

Bill said...

Only four hours until liberation…

I’ve been waiting for this moment so much that I marked the exact time a week in advance. Last Monday at 9:00 pm I declared victory in a week hence.

Andrea said...

So, how did it go? I hope you feel completly liberated and free, at least until you start your thesis :)
It's funny, I've only been out of grad school for about 4 years, and I have totally forgotten how crazy finals can be. I hope all went well!

Andrea